Love comes in many shapes and forms. There is love for your family, love for your friends, self-love, and then there is romantic love — which is probably the most popular love of them all.
There is something special and unexplainable about the love that comes from a romantic relationship. It’s a love that brings two completely independent people together, bonding them with some invisible, but certainly felt, force. And really, how cool is that?
If you have a boyfriend or husband you know how special that bond can be. Though your love for him may be immeasurable, it can be hard to find the words that truly communicate how you feel. Lucky for you though, you can get a little help by borrowing love quotes that others have already so graciously said. Because sometimes, if not all the time, men want to hear some romantic words too.
Love quotes allow you to communicate exactly how you feel without the pressure to come up with the words yourself, and let me tell you, there is definitely not a shortage of love quotes for you to choose from. Throughout time, poets, authors, musicians, and almost everyone has spoken about love and given us quotes on the heart-felt topic — and now, you can share them with him too.
If you want to let the man in your life know how much he means to you, but are having trouble finding the right words to say, turn to these beautiful love quotes to tell him exactly how you feel.
Keep reading for 35 of the best love quotes for him.
1. "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed." — Valerie Lombardo
A love that grows out of friendship can sometimes be the strongest love of all.
2. "I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart). — E.E. Cummings
3. "When you're lost and you're alone, and you can't get back again, I will find you, daring and I will bring you home." — Sade
Leave it to Sade to give you the most beautiful quote.
4. 'If I know what love is, it is because of you." — Herman Hesse
Tell him that loving him has taught you what you know about love.
5. "I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more." — Angelita Lim
That's all we could ever want, for someone to love all of us, even our imperfections.
6. "I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you." — Paulo Coelho
7. "If I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to tell you I love you." — DeAnna Anderson
Okay so we'll admit this is a little dramatic, but that's what love is!
8. "Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." — Rosemonde Gerard
Let him know that your love for him grows with each passing day.
9. "I'm here. I love you. I don't care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There is nothing you can ever do to lose my love." — Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat Pray Love)
10. "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope... I have loved none but you." — Jane Austen
Love hurts sometimes, and it's okay to admit that to your partner.
11. "But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you, not even close, not even at all." — Kat Stratford in 10 Things I Hate About You
Kat Stratford's now famous poem really demonstrates the complexity of (young) love.
12. "Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your head on my beating heart." — Ed Sheeran
13. "I am just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." — Anna in Notting Hill
Love is being vulnerable.
14. "My heart is and always will be yours." — Jane Austen
Keep it plain and simple with this quote.
15. "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." — Emily Bronte
16. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach." — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
17. "A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea." — Honore de Balzac
Tell him you know you love him with absolutely certainty.
18. "How long do you want to be loved, is forever enough? 'Cause I'm never, never giving you up." — Dixie Chicks
This Dixie Chicks quote tells him you'll love him forever.
19. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." — Judy Garland
This quote shows him that love is much deeper than just the moments you enjoy on the surface.
20. "In short I will part with anything for you, but you." — Mary Wortley Montagu
Love is about making sacrifices, but some things are simply non-negotiable.
21. "If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one." — Michelle Hodkin
22. "No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star." — Diana Peterfreund
No matter where you go, you'll always come back to him.
23. "'You love me. Real or not real?' I tell him, 'Real.'" — The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
Tell him your love is real.
24. "I love you. But just this twice." — Atticus
You'll love him more than just once.
25. "Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will." — Elaine Davis
This quote is so sweet.
26. "Your love shines in my heart as sun that shines upon the earth." — Eleanor Di Giulio
His love warms your heart from the inside out.
27. "In you I found my wild, in you I found my peace." — Emily Byrnes
28. "Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames." — Veronica Roth, Divergent
Tell him the wild intensity of your love.
29. "She knew she loved him when "home" went from being a place to being a person." — E. Leventhal
Let him know that he is your home.
30. "I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn't something about you at all. It was just you." — Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster
31. "In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art." — Rumi
32. "I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end." — Franz Kafka
Tell him you are the happiest when you are with him.
33. "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed." — Valerie Lombardo
34. "I want to love you so much it makes up for the love the world does not give you." — Komal Kapoor
35. "We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss
Though playful, this quote could not be more true.