(Art by Tanya Leigh Washington)
Add some major volume to your 'do with a textured, tousled look courtesy of Gretchen Mol
. Get the how-to straight from pro Michelle Dittrich, this way!
Steps (starting from top left image and working down)
1. Apply L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray to damp hair, using your palm as a measuring guide. Evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Use styling mousse after for thicker hair types to add hold.
2. Part to the left or right. Stand in front of a mirror and find the middle of your eye and then drag the comb straight up slowly until you reach your hairline. Continue back in a straight manner to achieve an even part. (Pro tip: A side part is great for longer face shapes because it creates the illusion of width.)
3. Use a curling iron, or curling iron brush, to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures or to add body to straight hair. (Pro tip: When selecting an iron-brush, always use one with a pure bristle or plastic combs as this will not tear or damage the hair.)
4. Shape back both sides of front with iron.
5. Apply a very small amount of L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT 01 Deconstructing Gum to palms and run through the mid-lengths and ends of hair.
6. As you shape the style with TXT It, be sure not to add any to the roots or a large amount to any section of the hair as smoothing shine can be very heavy on the hair. It can weigh it down and make it appear oily.
7. Refine the shape with your hands again, if necessary.
8. To finish, apply a minimal amount of L'Oreal Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray from an arm's length distance to the top, sides and back of head.(Sources: Ethan Miller/Getty Images North America; TJ Thompson)