(Art by Tanya Leigh Washington)
Ten steps to Lady Mary's side-swooping bangs? Count us in. Michelle Dittrich shows us how to create Michelle Dockery
’s stunning red carpet look. Take a peek, here!
Steps (from upper left corner working down)
1. Prep hair with L’Oreal Total Repair Extreme Split Ends Fixer to protect hair from the heat of hairdryers and flatirons and to smooth hair and help tackle humidity.
2. Section hair starting from the back with a comb or backbrush tool.
3. Blow-dry straight with a large vented brush, brushing the hair into the same direction at the neck.
4. Brush out hair with fingers. Use a flat iron to smooth hair and ends for perfectly polished straight hair.
5. Apply L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT High Lift Creation Spray to each section of hair for a strong root volume.
6. Back comb and tease the crown for subtle volume that looks great and sleek in pictures.
7. Smooth and reform the part. Connect all sections for seamless style. Spray L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle LOCK IT Bold Control Hairspray prior to wrapping the hair to maximum shine—just like a beautiful piece of jewelry!
8. Once hair is dry, pull hair into a ponytail at the nape of neck using an elastic band to secure.
9. Secure your style one more time with L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle LOCK IT Bold Control Hairspray.
10. To finish off, take a narrow section of hair and wrap around the band, securing by hair-pins underneath the base of the tail. Now you're ready for any red carpet or you know, guest appearance on Downton Abbey.(Source: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images North America; TJ Thompson)