(Credit: Bauer Griffin)
Heavily distressed denim isn't for the faint of fashion heart. The truly skilled can wear it and look ultra stylish; those that aren't as crafty tend to end up looking rather unkempt. Luckily Rochelle Humes
(one-fifth of the popular British girl group The Saturdays
) fits in with the former.
But if you happen to fall with the latter, follow Rochelle's foolproof fashion formula for dolling up distressed denim:
1) Pair your trousers off with a short silk tank top in a complementary pastel shade, like cream or baby blue.
2) Add a touch of edge and top it off with a fitted leather motorcycle jacket in a light brown tone, like caramel or wheat.
3) Tote your necessities in an oversized, box-shaped purse in a different pastel shade, like rose or baby pink.
4) Cuff your slashed jeans so that they fall just
below your ankle.
5) Slip on a pair of plain pumps in a shade that closely matches your blouse.
Now you're ready to step out of the house in style.