Have you found The One? Are you playing the perfect proposal over and over again in your head because you know it's going to happen? (Maybe it's already happened!) Well before you go making another Pinterest wedding board, here's 23 things you should make sure you've done before you say "I do."
1. Date for longer than a year
Sure, when you know, you know — but what's the rush?
2. Have a blowout fight
The kind that makes you think about breaking up...then you don't.
3. Have great makeup sex
Reconnect and realize you don't actually want to break up.
4. Go on a trip just the two of you
Make sure you can spend a few days together without going nuts.
5. Go on (read: "survive") a family trip
If you make it through the trip, be sure to then discuss the arrangement for spending time with both families during the holidays. Always a fun one.
6. Create a bucket list together
See? Growing old together will be fun!
7. Have the kids talk
Make sure you're on the same page about babies.
8. And discuss names while you're at it
9. Have the divorce talk
This might come naturally after having the baby names talk.
10. Talk money — theirs, yours, and the eventual "ours"
Will you do separate accounts? Who pays the bills? Tricky stuff, but better to work it out early. Also make sure to know where each other stands financially before committing to happily ever after.
11. Meet your significant other's best (and worst) friends
If you hate them, work it out before you decide to drunkenly confront them at your engagement party.
12. Get creative in bed
You don't have to get all Fifty Shades of Grey, but it's important to truly explore each other's bodies — especially if you're planning to stay married forever.
13. Adopt (and successfully care for) a pet
You'll learn to be responsible parents and partners together, and get a super cute new best friend out of the deal too.
14. Go camping together
If you can rough it in the woods together, you can make it through anything. And none of this "glamping" stuff, please.
15. Tell each other your most embarrassing stories
They're going to come out sooner or later.
16. Have the "full disclosure" talk about your exes
It'll be awkward, but also hilarious. Trust us.
17. Go through something terrible together
It'll test and ultimately strengthen your bond.
18. Watch each other's favorite movies
If you can convince your partner to sit through Pretty Woman (and even like it!) then you know you have a keeper.
19. Brush your teeth at the same time
You'll be surprised what little quirks come out when it comes to tooth paste protocol and your nightly routines.
20. Go grocery shopping together
Duke it out over which sugary cereal to buy and then repeat No. 3.
21. Learn how to make each other's favorite meal
It's the little things (and food, duh) that matter most.
22. Walk around naked in front of each other
Getting naked in bed is not the same as hanging out in the buff in the kitchen.
23. Fart in front of each other
Forever is a long time to keep holding it in.