(Bauer Griffin) Leighton Meester and Blake Lively
is single-handedly satisfying our fab fashion craving on TV this fall. Sneak peeks at an upcoming episode reveal Leighton Meester
, aka Blair Waldorf, dressed in her finery at Lincoln Center. She cleverly paired her pale blue floral Ralph Lauren gown with understated makeup and a simple updo for a fresh and elegant look.
Sometimes understated makeup is the hardest look to execute. It seems easy—minimal makeup equals minimal skill required right? But in reality it's much more difficult than it looks! If you're jonesing for a natural look for fall, here are a few tips:
- Buff on your foundation. Clear skin is the focal point of this look, so while you still need coverage you don't want it to be too thick. Use a kabuki brush to buff on your foundation for a sheer finish.
- Use a redness neutralizer. Pinks and purple shadows are pretty, but they can also emphasize dark shadows under your eyes. Use a redness neutralizer—usually in the form of a green concealer—under your normal coverup for the best effect.
- Don't forget the eyeliner. Yes, you're going for a natural look, but eyeliner is still essential to make your eyes pop. Create a very thin line with a black or brown liquid eyeliner.
- Stick to a sheer gloss or lipstick. If you're using a darker lipstick, use a coffee filter to blot off the excess and leave a translucent finish.
Check out Leighton Meester's Lookbooks on StyleBistro:
- Try a gel or liquid blush. Powder blushes can work, but try mixing it up with gel or liquid blushes which provide a light hearted and dewey look.