(Getty Images) Agyness Deyn
Pops of bright eyeshadows were all over the fashion week runways for spring 2011, and in true trendsetter fashion, Agyness Deyn
isn't waiting until spring to try them out. The Brit model rocked a sheer turquoise to an event, giving her look a splash of color and adding a fun contrast to her punky outfit.
Next season's hit makeup trend isn't for the faint of heart or the color shy. But since you don't have to wait until stores stock the merchandise to rock the look—makeup stores always have the hottest colors on hand—it's the easiest way to be ahead of the game! Here are a few tips to make this trend work for you:
- Exercise restraint. It's tempting to go all out with the color, but you don't want to end up looking like Mimi from the Drew Carrey Show. Keep shadow on your lids only and stay far away from your brows.
- Try an eyeliner instead. Take baby steps into this trend by starting with a bright liner instead of a shadow. You'll get a similar effect without all the commitment.
- Opt for a thick line. Many of the spring shows had brights in thick geometric lines, so rather than coating the lid try a half-inch streak for a more modern look.
- Play around with opacity. Sheer washes can be delightful while fully saturated hues can be dramatic, play around with different shadows to find the look for you.
Check out Agyness Deyn's Lookbooks on StyleBistro:
- Don't be afraid of color. Every color of the rainbow was spotted, so expand your horizons by picking less typical hues—think orange, teal or pink.