Elizabeth Banks, Josh Hutcherson, Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hamsworth (Getty Images, butter LONDON) butter LONDON Come To Bed Red
Looking for a way to stand out above the herd at your upcoming Hunger Games
campout in front of the theater? We've got just the thing.
The Katniss—Girl On Fire manicure was developed by butter LONDON
in honor of the Hunger Games
' main character. The polish-makers have created a variation of their popular ombre nails that incorporates five different polishes, and they've been kind enough to provide us with instructions for duplicating the look just in time for the movie's March 23 release.
To recreate this striking gradation of color, follow these seven easy steps:
1. Begin with clean nails. Try swiping them with Powder Room Acetone-Free Lacquer Remover
to ensure they're free from any polish or oil.
2. Apply one sheer coat of Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat
3. Apply one coat of Cheeky Chops
. If you don't get opaque coverage with one coat, allow the first coat to dry and apply a second.
4. Add a dab of Jaffa
to the tip of each nail. To ensure lacquer doesn't dry before the next steps, complete steps 4 and 5 before working on the next nail.
5. Wipe the brush thoroughly before dragging it up and down over the dab of Jaffa until there is a jagged-looking patttern on the tip of the nail.
6. Let nails dry and repeat steps 4 and 5 using Come To Bed Red
, Union Jack Black
and West End Wonderland
in consecutively shallow patterns.
7. Finish with a coat of P.D. Quick Topcoat
Okay so maybe it's a little involved, but we're optimistic that between the painting, drying, and blowing, you can get this look down inside an hour. Good luck, or as they say in the Games, "May the odds be ever in your favor!"
See Elizabeth Banks' Beauty Lookbook:
See Jennifer Lawrence's Lookbook: