(Getty Images) Nicola Roberts
At Harrods for the launch of her new makeup line Dainty Doll, Girls Aloud pop star Nicola Roberts
employed a cosmetic trick favored by the pros: Nicola perked up her look and widened her gaze with just a bit of white liner at the inner corners of her eyes.
This trick is frequently used in photoshoots and on the red carpet, and easily translates to real life. Here's how:
- Try different shades of white. The effectiveness of the white all depends on how well it matches your skin tone. Try everything from stark white to pearl.
- Make sure to blend. You want a seamless look, so blend the white into your shadow or liner.
- If you have darker skin, try gold. White can work on darker skin, but in some cases a lighter gold might complement your skin more.
- Shadows are a great alternative. They're just as effective as liners as long as you get a thin brush to apply them with.
Check out Nicola Roberts' Lookbooks on StyleBistro:
- Experiment with lining your entire eye. Sometimes putting liner across your entire top or bottom lid can yield cool results, try it out to see which works best for you!