(Getty Images) Julia Roberts in 1997
In light of her new movie Eat Pray Love
, Julia Roberts
sure looks enlightened! She made an appearance at the premiere sporting positively glowing skin—the 42-year old actress looks the same, if not better, than she did over 10 years ago! Whatever her secret, Julia looks amazing!
Aside from traveling the world and seeking the meaning of life and love, here are a few tips to get glowing skin at any age!
- Eat fresh. The closer to the source you can get, the better the food is for you. Fresh fruit and veggies are one step from the source while something that is processed, frozen or dehydrated is several steps away. Avoid unnecessary chemicals and your body will thank you for it.
- Exercise. Just 30-minutes of exercise a day gets your circulation going and your endorphins flowing. Not only will your skin look better, but you'll feel happier as well!
- Hydrate. Without moisture, your skin dries up and wrinkles show through. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water and keep your skin happy with an SPF-based moisturizer.
- Calm down. Stress not only causes your hormones to go haywire, but all that frowning makes you develop wrinkles! If you find yourself in an overly stressful situation, take a deep breath and go for at least a 5-10 minute walk to clear your thoughts. Better yet, plan a relaxing vacation!
Check out Julia Roberts' Lookbooks on StyleBistro:
- Splurge. Love pasta, chocolate, wine, shopping or all of the above? Every once in a while, splurge on the things you love most and your happiness at doing so will show in your face.