First came the tips and tricks to contour like Kim Kardashian. Then, the Kylie Jenner lip challenge sent the Internet into a buzz for months—until the 17-year-old finally admitted to "temporary lip fillers" on an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Even though the truth is out, the Web is still looking for ways to fake a fuller pout without lip injections.
The verdict? Lip contouring is the answer to a needle-free pucker. Like with a face contour, a highlight and a shadow is all it takes to play a trick on the eyes.
What You'll Need:
• Clear Powder
• Lip Liner
• Lip Liner #2 (1-2 shades darker than your other liner)
• Light Pink Lipstick
• Lip gloss or iridescent pink eyeshadow (optional)
1) Prep lips by exfoliating and moisturizing to make sure they're in tip top shape.
2) Cover lips with concealer. This will allow for even color distribution without your natural lip line and color showing through and giving away your secret.
3) Set with clear powder for a longer-lasting lip.
4) Line the lips with your preferred shade of liner, extending the color just outside of your natural lip line.
5) Fill in your pucker with the liner. (FYI: Kylie's preferred shade is Soar by MAC)
6) Here's where the contouring begins! You'll need another pencil that is 1 to 2 shades darker than what you used in steps 4 and 5. Re-line the lips and then shade in the corners of the mouth in triangular shapes. This creates a pouty-looking base.
7) Take a light pink or peach lipstick color and dab in the center of your mouth. If you don't have a lipstick, concealer works, too. The point is to create a highlight to contrast the shadowy corners for a 3D effect.
8) Like any good contour, you must blend! Some people do this with their fingers, others with a lipgloss and some by tapping on an iridescent eye shadow to act as an extra highlight. Whatever method you choose, make sure not to skip this crucial final step for a perfectly plump kisser.
Need a more fluid idea of how to achieve this look at home? We're fans of this video tutorial from makeup artist and Youtube beauty guru Kandee Johnson, above. Happy contouring!