(Photos: Getty; Caitlin Miller/StyleBistro)
With the weather outside less than desirable, many are enjoying a snow day today. Whether you're one of the lucky ones relaxing at home or instead sitting at the office already planning your night in tonight, we've got you covered. We found the perfect DIY beauty project for a cold snowy day. This at-home lip exfoliating scrub will help fight harsh winter-induced chapped lips and will leave kissable smooth as ever. The best part: You don't even have to leave your house to get the ingredients. All of them can be found in your kitchen cupboard right now!DIY Lip Exfoliating Scrub(Photo by Caitlin Miller/StyleBistro)
- Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Small bowl to mix
- Small jar to store
1. Pour one teaspoons of honey and two teaspoons of brown sugar into a small bowl. Mix together.
2. Add one teaspoon of olive oil to mixure. Mix ingredients together to create a gritty paste-like scrub.
3. Use fingertips to dab a dime-sized amount of scrub onto lips. Gently massage the paste all over your lips until they're completely covered. Let the scrub sit on your lips for about two minutes.
4. Using warm water, gently rinse off the scrub.
5. Blot away any excess water and seal in moisture with your favorite lip balm. Right now, I'm using Lypsyl Intense Protection Lip Balm ($2.99 at drugstores), which works wonders in the winter!
6. Put remaining scrub into a small, covered jar.
*Exfoliate daily or as needed. Scrub can last about a month.